Categories: Parent's Information
We are delighted to be able to share the final report following last week's short Ofsted inspection where the inspection team concluded that William de Ferrers continues to be a good school.
The school was inspected by a highly experienced team led by Andrew Hemmings (Her Majesty’s Inspector). During the day they visited lessons, reviewed pupils' progress in their books and reviewed a range of documentation.
Some of the findings of the inspection include:
● The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection
● Students make good progress in their A-level studies
● The proportion of students leaving the sixth form and going into higher education, employment or training is
consistently above average
● Safeguarding is effective and leaders understand and address the issues which affect pupils at this school
● Pupils told inspectors that they feel safe in school
● Pupils told inspectors they have someone that they can talk to in school
● Behaviour in lessons is typically good
● Pupils say that bullying is rare and that, if it happens, they are confident adults will deal with it effectively
● Pupils say that it is a welcoming school where people are treated equally
● Governors have a strong understanding of the school and work well with leaders in improving the school
Our pupils are a wonderful credit to the school and to parents/ carers.
The full Ofsted report is available for parents/carers to view on the school website.