Vision, Values & Beliefs
William de Ferrers School Mission Statement
We will strive to provide all pupils with the means to achieve their maximum potential and to develop individual responsibility and respect for the rights of others by:
· Pursuing the highest standards in teaching.
· Providing an excellent learning environment.
· Giving equal access to a broad well-resourced curriculum
· Achieving a partnership between pupils, parents and school.
We believe that:
- Children and young people come first in everything that we do.
- We are committed to ensuring that all our teaching is always at least good and regularly outstanding.
- We believe that all young people are capable of accessing an academic curriculum and with appropriate support and interventions can achieve highly.
- We expect the highest standards of behaviour and conduct, ensuring that dignity and respect are shown to all members of our school community.
- School is about more than just academic success—it is also about wider achievement in sport, the arts, applied learning, trips and excursions, clubs and activities.
- We care for our students as individuals—looking after their personal, academic, social and emotional wellbeing and development.
- Parents/carers are key partners in ensuring that our students are happy at school and are achieving what is expected of them.
- We see education and learning as being life-long, building on the foundations laid in primary and junior schools and preparing our students for their continuation of learning through employment, college and university.
- Our students take great pride in wearing our school uniform, ensuring that they identify clearly with the school and come here ready to work and achieve highly.
- We are committed to ensuring the continuing professional development of all our staff.
- We believe that our school is key to ensuring that the community of South Woodham Ferrers is strong, vibrant and cohesive. We are at the heart of our community—quite literally and philosophically. We really are an academy for the community.